Friday, April 1, 2011

About Me



Hi!

I'm Lizy B.


I'm Mommy to my 5 1/2 year old son, Jack,






Mom to my 11 year old son Ethan,




and Honey to my husband, Joe B.






I'm a baker (gosh that sounds official), not formally trained.  I worked at an upscale kitchen store for years and years and loved every minute.  I learned so much working with wonderful bakers and cooks while I was there.  

Somewhere around the age of 11 or 12, I started checking out the Wilton Cake Decorating books from the library and became obsessed.  All those cakes were just so pretty!  I had to know how to do that!   Then Martha Stewart showed up on the scene and I couldn't get enough.  I've spent time decorating cakes and working with chocolate, but cookies are my favorite.  You can have just a bite, they're easy to share with friends, and they're pretty!

I'm an interior designer, that's what I went to school to do, although I've never done that professionally.
I found that my favorite part of designing was helping someone to achieve their vision of what a space could be.  That turned out to only be 10 percent of the job.  The rest was contractors, phone calls and yelling at people who don't show up....not great.  I still love design.  Visiting model homes, magazines, blogs, showrooms, HGTV, even Home Depot...all great fun!  But I save the actual design for my own home.

I'm a drill sergeant. (okay, not really, but aren't all mom's drill sergeants?)

I'm a techie nerd.  Yes, it's true.  Not that I'm great at it.  I curse at the computer just as much as the next person.  I just happen to look at my computer as the worlds largest and best craft tool, and instruction manual, and travel guide, and reference book....I could go on and on...

I'm a bookworm.  Having a bad day?  Go to the book store.  Really, really bad day?  Go find the cookie cook books!  If I'm not baking or decorating a cookie...I probably have my head in a book.

I'm, apparently, a blogger!

Thanks for stopping by!
 Lizy B

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...